Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Nae Nae Went On Prom ^_^

I have so much to talk about from this past weekend, but I figured I would post about Friday and work my way to Sunday… Ok so, my God sister Jonaee went on her junior prom Friday and I had the pleasure of making her dress =) For some reason the dress was so simple, but it gave me so many problems. 1st of all I made 4 muslins…who does that? It just wasn't giving me the fit I wanted. What can I say, I’m a perfectionist =)




For the 1st time I tried to use fishing line in the hem to make it look like this…



I wrapped the fishing line neatly around a cardboard tube..


Placed it in the microwave for 10 seconds...then 20 seconds...then 30 seconds


Let it cool and unraveled it... 


A few seconds later it was as straight as when I 1st took it out of the pack #Fail

But after figuring out I used the wrong type of fishing line and also trying wire I got frustrated and didn't use anything in the hem at all and it actually came out perfect.








Final Product Below


GORGEOUS!!! YAY Nae Nae lol... Now we have to plan for senior prom 









No comments:

Post a Comment