Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pier Entertainment Spring Music Festival

Ok where do I start?

Here we go... Singer/Songwriter Tanikka Charrae (www.tanikkacharrae.com) called me early last week and asked me to make her an outfit for a performance. This is how the conversation went..

Tanikka Charrae: Hey Cha... I like this dress. Can you make me something similar in pants for a performance?

(Draya from Basket Ball Wives.. Picture from www.talkingwithtami.com)

Me: Sure, when is the performance?
Tanikka Charrae: Saturday for Pier Entertainment Spring Music Fest (www.pierentertainment.com) ...
Me: Realllllly??? Saturday??? I don't think I can do it...I have so much going on.
Tanikka Charrae: I'm not going to put that pressure on you. I just don't know what I'm going to do about something to wear :(
Me: Sigh...I'll do it (Sucker Face) lol

Finding the white spandex was a piece of cake, but finding dark brown mesh was nearly impossible so I decided to dye the mesh myself with coffee (Yes, coffee)...

(Before and After dying )

The color of the mesh was still off so I tried buying another brown mesh with shimmer


Tanikka wasn't with the ice skater look so this mesh was out lol... Finally I found something in her shade on Friday night at Phoung's on 4th Street (fabric row)


I was so busy working on Jonaee's prom dress that I didn't start Tanikka's outfit until 6am Saturday morning and she needed to pick it up by 11am smh.



After pattern making...cutting...sewing I finally got it together.... TA DA!!!!!!!! Needless to say Tanikka Charrae ROCKED IT at the Blockley for the Spring Music Festival =)





(Tanikka Charrae and I)











Professional Photographs courtesy of News Flash Photography www.newsflashphotography.com

Would you rock the dress or the pants??? Comment below ;)















4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Tavy! Would you wear the jumper,dress,both or neither?

      Delete
  2. Look amazing! I would love to rock something like that, but I would need a super well built in bra to hold up these boobs lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girrrrl who are you telling? I would need that same "Super Built In Bra" lol...I'm glad you like the outfit :)

      Delete